October 2019 Content Schedule
This month's content update. What kind of articles can you expect? What games will I review? The anticipation is killing me! Published on Tue, Oct 01, 2019. Written by Michael Bassili.
Time for the monthly update blog. This month, you can look forward to the following content on Mike’s Gaming Trove:
- Review of Cities: Skylines (2015), to be published between October 1-5th
- Review of Devil Daggers (2016), to be published between October 20-25th
- Article on DRM-schemes, owning your video games, and game launchers, to be published between October 5-20th
- Exclusive on the joys of game photography, to be published between October 5-20th
I’m trying to assign due dates to these pieces in order to improve their turnover rate. While pieces are written fairly quickly (about one day’s worth of effort), they sit in the editing phase for weeks, collecting dust and encouraging my procrastination. There were also numerous site-wide updates:
- The landing page of the site now features three different showcases for the different types of content on display
- A button is now present on the bottom of the landing page that takes you to a daily recommended piece of content
- Added estimated reading time to the bottoms of articles, along with their total word count, so that readers can decide whether they have time to read something
- Image thumbnails have been compressed, and code for the site has been tweaked to remove whitespace, improving the load times of the site by about 25%
All planned features for the site can be found on the GitHub issues page of the site repository. I personally use GitHub to manage the site, so check this page to see what I’m prioritizing. I’m looking forward to a content-rich month! Thanks for visiting!